Saturday 24 March 2018

stairs


In this design, I wanted to create stairs that had single step treads. I envisioned these stairs to give access to floors that weren't that much higher than the ground level, so I didn't design a balustrade.




The stairs are one piece of metal bent to form the tread, balustrade and wall. When creating them in SketchUp, minor changes were made to give more support and safety such as two balustrades and positioning the ends of the metal pieces to connect to the floor. Below is the SketchUp model:







I redesigned these stairs in SketchUp and bent the shape of the treads further so they could actually work as stairs. Again, I imagined the material to be metal and it was inspired by motorcycles pipes I saw on the Revival Cycles website.









These stairs were floating and included balustrades made of small spheres. Its simplistic design was inspired by CJ Hendry's realistic artworks and one of my models.

Video: https://youtu.be/8xRY78J2nms

No comments:

Post a Comment

EXP 3 WEEK 5 - Final Submission

This is my final submission for Experiment 3. My building bridges Squarehouse and Nida. I wanted to create circular movement through th...